Chroma RGB, DragonForce, games, and announcements are all on deck for Razer’s first live celebration.
What you need to know
- Razer is announcing RazerCon – an annual celebration of gaming.
- RazerCon 202 is free and takes place on October 10th.
- Live concerts, giveaways, product reveals, and game previews are all on tap for the live event.
Back in the day (read 2019), it was common to have meetups or even full-blown conferences in person. So, it’s of little surprise that Razer, one of the most recognized brands in PC gaming (who also has a very dedicated fanbase) would launch a similar “-con” celebration that is also online only.
RazerCon is a proposed “a full-day digital event produced by Razer and its network of hardware and software partners” that takes place on Saturday, October 10th, and livestreamed across Razer’s major social network channels, including Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
What does a Razer convention entail? There will “exclusive reveals” of new Razer products, previews of upcoming video games, and how about a few live performances from DeadMau5, Sabaton, and DragonForce.
Razer provided some more detailed bullet points of the RazerCon plan, including:
- Global mixed reality keynote by Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan, hosted against the iconic Singapore skyline
- The world’s first RGB lighting-reactive livestream
- Razer panels held by product managers, showcasing new and unannounced products and discussing design and technology
- Exclusive content showcases from multiple game studios such as Romero Games, Perfect World, Paradox Interactive and technology partners such as Intel, NVIDIA, and Western Digital
- Appearances from gaming celebrities, including an audience meet and greet session with CloakZy and CourageJD, a RazerStreamer panel with PaladinAmber, and many more
- EDM concert headlined by DeadMau5 with Mau5trap artists, and Metal concert by Sabaton and DragonForce’s Herman Li
There’s also the usual stuff like contests, content, and giveaways for things like Razer’s new Blade 15 laptop, and accessories from partners of Razer like Intel, Microsoft, NVIDIA, Western Digital WD_BLACK, ASRock, Paradox Interactive, Perfect World Entertainment, Capcom.
Razer CEO and founder Min-Liang Tan in 2019.
As to why a RazerCon now, Min-Liang Tan, founder, and CEO at Razer, remarked:
“We have a very passionate and hardcore gaming community that has stuck with us for many years, and the idea of having a major gathering for Razer fans and all gamers out there was brought up countless times; 2020 has been a challenging year for everyone around the world, greatly limiting physical events. We see RazerCon as an opportunity to celebrate gaming and the Razer community while setting a new standard for online events.”
Min-Liang will kick off RazerCon by showcasing “Razer’s latest products, services, and announcements during a live, virtual keynote presentation set against the iconic Singapore skyline.”
And yes, what’s a Razer product (or event) without Chroma RGB lighting?
Viewers around the world are encouraged to turn on their Razer hardware during the show and watch their Razer Chroma-enabled devices sync and dance to world-class performances from EDM artist DeadMau5, as well as heavy metal bands Sabaton and DragonForce, all of which are part of the RazerCon post-event concert.
Overall, it sounds like a lot of fun to what is mostly a lousy year. RazerCon 2020 takes place Saturday, October 10th, starting with the Razer CEO Keynote at 9 AM PST (12 PM EST). You can find more information at www.razer.com/razercon.