The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) recently released a stop-motion video on the future of commercial motor vehicle safety technology, inspections, and enforcement.
The four-minute video highlights specific safety advancements, including:
- Vehicle-to-Everything: vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-infrastructure, vehicle-to-pedestrian, and vehicle-to-enforcement technologies.
- Alerts to Drivers: Warnings regarding inclement weather, accidents, closed roadways, bridge height restrictions, construction, road conditions, etc.
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems: Lane centering, lane keeping, automatic emergency braking, and controlled driver steering.
- Electronic Inspections: North American Standard Level VIII Electronic Inspections and universal electronic identification.
- Automation: Autonomous technology within and around the truck cab.
- Vehicle, Driver and Pedestrian monitoring: Technologies for monitoring the inside and outside of vehicles with cameras, sensors and radars.
The “Welcome to the Future of Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement” video provides an easy-to-understand visual presentation of today’s challenges and the solutions to those challenges, such as the deployment of these safety technologies.
The CVSA created