… Read More
- The director-general of Russian space corporation Roscosmos claimed this week that Venus is a “Russian planet.”
- “Resuming Venus exploration is on our agenda. We think that Venus is a Russian planet, so we shouldn’t lag behind,” Dmitry Rogozin told reporters on Tuesday.
- Rogozin also revealed the country’s plans to send its own mission to Venus, on top of an already-proposed joint venture with the United States called “Venera-D.”
- The top space officials comments come on the back of new research published this week, which found that Venus’ clouds could be harboring microbial life.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The head of the Russian space agency has staked the country’s claim on Venus, saying this week that